We started a pole-mount PV project yesterday. We had to dig two holes to eight feet, install sonotubes, install the poles, and get ready for the cement to arrive, all before 2:00 pm. Because of the location of the poles and the ground conditions around the owner’s house, we could not drive a cement truck to the pole locations, and as a result, we hired a cement pumping company. They arrived with one of those trucks with a long, extendable boom that would reach to where the poles were located.
Once all the equipment was in place, we started the pour. Two holes took less than 10 minutes to fill with cement. We spent the next two hours cleaning up and moving pipe and hoses. But we got the job done, and are ready for the next stage of the project – getting the actual PV modules installed.